PASSING TARGET, BPKH MANAGE HAJJ FUNDS OF IDR113 TRILLIONnandra
Jakarta – The Hajj Financial Management Agency (BPKH) in 2018 succeeded in achieving the target of more than 100 percent of managed funds, namely from the planned Rp111.8 trillion, realized to Rp113 trillion. This achievement was also followed by an increase in the number of new pilgrims for the pilgrimage by 664 thousand people, an increase of 120 percent. In addition, BPKH has also made savings in indirect costs of IDR 224 billion. Meanwhile, the Hajj funds managed by BPKH contributed 32 percent of the total third party funds of Islamic Commercial Banks.
BPKH has declared 2019 as an investment year. Investments are made to increase Hajj service providers in Indonesia in a transparent, accountable manner and in accordance with Sharia principles. Head of the BPKH Implementing Agency Anggito Abimanyu, stated that there are several targets to be achieved in 2019, including:
- The target for 2019 managed funds is IDR 121 trillion with a composition of 50 percent in BPS-BPIH and 50 percent in investment. BPKH ensures that the implementation of PYD (7 trillion) will run in 2019. In 2020, the composition placement of funds at BPS-BPIH is 30 percent.
- BPKH will invest in several objects of direct investment in Indonesia (airlines) and Saudi Arabia (Hotels and Kitchens / Catering).
- Indirect cost allocation (operational costs) for Haj 2019 is estimated to be between IDR 6.5-6.8 trillion, around 500 million USD will be allocated in the form of foreign currency. BPKH is currently carrying out the procurement of USD foreign currency by auction and will place it at BPS-BPIH. BPKH will also conduct an auction on Living Cost to BPS-BBPI
- The target of new pilgrims is 700 thousand. It is recorded that there are still around 13 million pilgrims who have not registered.
- BPKH will carry out ISO for the process of cancelling and returning the initial deposit for regular Hajj and special Hajj.
- The 2019 welfare activities are focused on support for Hajj pilgrimage services, disaster relief and Islamic mass organizations through BUS/UUS.
BPKH Communication and Public Relations Division